Monday, March 7, 2011

Toe blister that keeps coming back?

I first got this blister on my right toe, beneath the bottom of my big toe nail (and the nail is vertically concave above it, if that has anything to do with it, none of my other nails have that) during basketball season of 2003. It has never been infected, doesn't really itch, and is only painful on occasion. I've popped it around 10 times in the past 8 years and every time it comes back within a few days (never really goes away, the skin has formed up around it so when i pop it, the roof of blister just deflates, then reflates a few days later) and I just get frustrated and forget about it for another year. The fluid inside it is usually the clear, sticky serum but every few times that I pop it, it's first serous, then bloody. I don't, and have never had, any other blisters anywhere else on either foot, yet I've had this one for what seems like forever. Does anyone know if this is something different from a normal blister or do they know any way to make it go away for good? Obviously, popping it hurts really bad, haha, so I'm a little tired of it. I'm a shoe fanatic so I pretty much wear a different pair of shoes (of all different types) every day, so it's not like 1 pair is causing this (plus, who owns a pair of shoes for 8 years?). I'd really love any advice anyone can give me. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment