Wednesday, March 9, 2011

What are the odds of this being a false positive..?

I took a pregnancy test tonight. At first (for at least 5 minutes) it appeared to be negative. I thought for a moment that I saw the bottom of the second line turning blue, but I think my eyes were playing tricks on me, because with further investigation I couldn't see the blue anymore. I then realized my urine could be diluted from diuretic pills I had taken earlier. I took the test apart to examine it further. This was my first mistake. My second mistake was touching the test directly, because there soon appeared a very obvious blue line. So now I have a positive pregnancy test sitting next to me. Could I have caused a false positive? Could this be an evaporation line (I have heard of dark/colored evaporation lines)? Could one have appeared that quickly (within 10 minutes)? I don't know what to think until I re-test, which won't be until tomorrow. Can someone just me an idea/opinion of what I will see on my test tomorrow? Do you think it's more likely that I botched the test? Or more likely that the test is accurate?

No comments:

Post a Comment