Friday, March 4, 2011

Help me, please--vegan ethical dilemma?

I have a leather jacket that I'm sentimentally attached to (it belonged to a family member who has since passed away) and I can't bear to part with it. It's a large man's jacket, so I couldn't wear even it if I wanted to (I don't), but I'd like to put it to use instead of having it sit at the bottom of a chest. There's a company (reMade USA) that remakes leather jackets into handbags and you can send them your own jacket. I was wondering if you think this is in any way (directly or indirectly) supporting the leather industry? I don't think it would be, as I would be providing the material and would only be paying for the cost of labor. I'd really appreciate any input or alternative suggestions. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment