Tuesday, March 8, 2011

How to get a 7 month old to hold a sippy cup and/or bottle?

My son just turned 7 months last week and I got my weekly babycenter update and it said to start introducing a sippy cup so I have tried it the last couple days with little success. I also had a friend mention to me that he should be able to hold his bottle by now which kind of got me thinking maybe a sippy cup with handles would be easier for him to learn on. I bought the "Nuk" sippy cup because it said it was great for transitioning from bottle to sippy cup. Well my son naws on it and kind of drinks but gets frustrated. I haven't given up though and give it a try everyday at lunch and dinner. I have tried putting a little purified water and deluted apple juice in it thinking maybe his formula was to thick but he is still hesitant. I know it's only been about a week but just wondering how other mommies did this transition and how long it took their babies to catch on? Also, when should babies be able to hold their own bottle or cup? My friend mentioned he might just be lazy and I hope this isn't the case!

No comments:

Post a Comment